Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Incomplete

"Inc." Those are the letters I'd write at the top of students' papers when their work was undone/incomplete. Usually, those letters would be followed by "Please finish." That's what my Slice of Life Challenge blog would receive if I were scoring it. I had all the intentions of blogging everyday for 31 days, but my fall-off happened well-before my spring break--which left my blog untouched for the entire ten days I was off. I could feel some sense of shame having not completed a project I set out to. Instead, I am choosing to focus on the fact that I blogged 13 whole times in March! Here's to my success in doing that much and my motivation for doing better on my Slice of Life Challenge in 2017! I read on lifehack.org recently that the most creative minds embrace failure and see it as one step closer to success. There's also a pretty similar article from 2013 on forbes.com that says the same thing: embrace our fears because "doing so is what allows us to leave our biggest impact on the world." This was a frightening thing: allowing others to read my writing that I have practiced very little, yet and still, I did it and will continue to do so as I Slice on. 

4 comments:

  1. Our lives sometimes get in the way of our best intentions. I didn't write every day either, but the challenge stirred me to write again. I wish you Success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's focus on the fact that you are back! It is hard to share. You should read Dana's post today.
    https://murphyslawblog.wordpress.com/2016/04/05/making-the-scared-go-away/

    ReplyDelete
  3. And congrats on coming back for a Tuesday slice. That's something to celebrate too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And congrats on coming back for a Tuesday slice. That's something to celebrate too!

    ReplyDelete